Thursday, June 25, 2009

Garden Update

Gardening has been so great this year! I feel like I have learned so much. It is nice to see some improvement and it makes me hopeful that I will be a great gardener some day. It really is therapeutic for me.

I used food straight from my garden to make someone in our ward dinner! It felt great!



Notice the netting over the entire garden? This was my solution to the pesky neighborhood rabbits. It worked but the plants started growing up into it and now I can't lift it to weed. Jeff said next year he will build me a PVC pipe structure to hold up the netting.


Compare this to my last posting of the garden ....This is a forest now! I had to transplant the strawberries to give the watermelon more space and they still are growing all over the tomatoes.


1 comment:

Snow Family said...

Looks great! I have a better understanding now of the word of wisdom when it says to eat the fruit in the season thereof because we have been eating a ton of corn and cantelope lately!