Monday, July 27, 2009

New Calling

About a year and a half ago I was called to be the choir director, music chairman, and sacrament chorister in our ward. I was very overwhelmed and scared. I didn't feel qualified or have enough confidence being up in front of other talented singers. Every time I lead the choir in a special musical number I was sick and in the bathroom the hour before. Well the last time the choir sang I was not sick!!!!! It was actually enjoyable and I realized that I had grown and was now comfortable!.
So of course.....a few weeks ago I was given another calling. I am now first counselor in the primary. I am now learning how to be good at something else. Isn't it great how the Lord wants us to be multi-talented and stretches us?
Just a note*The new person called to be the choir director is scared out of her mind too! HeeHee

1 comment:

Tara said...

Awesome! We have the same calling! I would much rather be Primary counselor than choir director!! That would scare me, too! The cabinets & crown molding look great! Your boys look so big. It's fun to see all the things you've been up to this summer!