Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Twins Update

Hi All........... I just wanted to update everyone on how my pregnancy is going. I am 30 weeks along now. I read in a twin book that a singleton pregnancy at full term, is carrying the same amount of weight as a mother carrying twins has at 30 weeks. (I know I posted this on facebook...sorry to repeat). And boy do I feel it! All the aches and pains of full term will be my closest friends for the next 8 weeks. Heehee
But as far as health goes I really can't complain. I have had no issues whatsoever this time around. My blood pressure is doing great. I am so greatful everything is going so well. Even though this pregnancy was not planned Jeff and I fell very strongly that these girls really wanted to come to earth now and my health testifies this was Heavenly Father's plan for our family.
Both babies are about 3 pounds in weight and around the 20%. My Dr. is very cautious so we get a great in depth ultrasound every two weeks.
Although I feel like I am laying down all the time I am so lucky to be this far along and not be on bed rest. As of yet there are no signs that I will deliver early so pray with us that my sanity can hold out until Thanksgiving when they are due!

2 comments:

Hart Family said...

You are doing so good Mel! Keep it up and try not to over do it :) This is where the REAL test of your ability to keep things low key will be put to the test. We are going to come, still don't know yet as my Grandpa's passing has thrown a little wrench in our weekend availability. Love ya!

The Rowley Family said...

Mel,
We are SO HAPPY for you and your family. Congrats on keeping your sanity. When I got to the end I asked the Dr. if there was any way to keep him in for two more months!!! Lol. I was just so nervous to be a mom, and lucky me I only had some pressure, I didn't know the meaning of aches and pains. a part of me wishes I did so I could really know the meaning of pregnancy. You and your family are so blessed to have each other! Hang in there, Love you!