Monday, May 18, 2009

Gardening





I am attempting a garden again this year. My Dad who lives in California always has a great garden. I guess as a kid I never realized how much work he had to put into it for it to turn out well. The last time I planted a garden was a few years ago and it did not turn out well. I spent more money than it was worth and felt like a failure because it was overgrown with weeds.
I guess it wasn't a complete failure since I learned some lessons that have helped me this time around. I have kept up on the weeding and been very consistent with watering and fertilizing. As you can see in the pics there are many empty spots....I had an entire row of bell peppers but thanks to the neighbourhood's wild rabbits they were gone the morning after I planted them. All except for one. I hope they enjoyed their meal! Also my carrots never sprouted because we had a freeze a week after I planted them.

2 comments:

Hart Family said...

Your garden looks great! I've really struggled with weeds in mine for the past couple of years. Yours is so weedless :) I'll post some pics of my garden in a minute.

Snow Family said...

Gardens are definitely alot of work, but it's fun to be so proud of what you grow!