Friday, May 1, 2009

Running 5K


If you know me well you know I have always hated running. In high school I couldn't last more than 5 minutes without feeling like I was going to die. Well since I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle and get in shape I have been practicing running the past year or so. I can now do 3 to 4 miles without stopping. I am NOT fast but I like the feeling of running for a long time because I feel accomplished afterwards.

So last weekend I ran a 5K (3.11miles) race. I ran it with a friend who was able to walk at the same pace I could run thanks to her 5ft 11inches height. I came in 76th place out of almost 100 people and my time was 47 mins (about 15 min miles). I know my sats were not that great but I think this is the beginning of a beautiful running relationship!

I have a goal to run a half marathon (~13 miles) for my 30th birthday in one year. I want to be healthier at 30 years old than I was at 20. Wish me luck everyone!

3 comments:

TheHardyFamily said...

I'm so proud of you. I want to do two this year, I hope I can. Glad you finally entered the blogging world too! Love you!

matthewd4 said...

Hot dang melanie! Good job, It takes a really strong person to get up off the couch and do what your doing! I send my praises from my comfy blue couch! :)

Anne Marie said...

Hey Melanie!! It's great to see you and your beautiful family! I'll send you an invite to my blog since I've a private setting. Your boys are so handsome! Congrats on running the 5K. I like to sprint more than run long distance. Good luck with the half marathon!